It has been a while since I put up a Bouhammer.com poll, so I figured it was time.
In this non-scientific poll I pose the question to you, my readers, “When is the right time to leave Afghanistan?” There are all types of polls conducted my research firms, media outlets, think-tanks, etc. about the public perception and opinions on our presence in Afghanistan. There are almost daily reports of Afghan soldiers and police murdering our soldiers. Plus I recently put up a blog post saying it was time to leave (http://bouhammer.com/2012/05/this-is-it-bring-our-troops-home-now/).
So I am curious, what do you think? Please take a moment and participate. I have even created an “Other” option and ask that if you select it that you leave a comment explaining your option that does not correspond to the selections I have in the poll.
When is the right time to leave Afghanistan?
- NOW, as in pull all our troops out TODAY (38%, 24 Votes)
- We should have left years ago (16%, 10 Votes)
- After we have killed all the enemy and the Afghans can support themselves (16%, 10 Votes)
- By the end of 2012 (8%, 5 Votes)
- We should never totally leave. We should leave a presence there like we do in Germany and Japan (8%, 5 Votes)
- Other (Please leave a comment explaining your other option) (6%, 4 Votes)
- By the end of 2013 (6%, 4 Votes)
- Whenever the military leaders say it is time to leave (5%, 3 Votes)
- By the end of 2014 (3%, 2 Votes)
- Whenever the President says it is time to leave (3%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 63