The Blog Talk Radio You Served online Radio show is breaking new ground and I hope you will join me for this awesome occasion. The show hosted by CJ Grisham and myself will be on a special night this week, Tuesday night (Veteran’s Day). It is also at a special time. The reason this is breaking new ground (and why the special time) is because CJ and I are teaming up with www.patriotwatch.com and KFBK radio on the west coast to sync together online new media radio with traditional over the air radio. KFBK is a 50,000 watt Clear Channel station that averages over 1 million listeners in eleven states plus their online listening audience.
Since they are on the west coast, CJ and I have to move the show a little later than usual. We have two full hours of guests lined up for the show and we have been working diligently with KFBK and PatriotWatch to get this coordinated.
The timeframe for the show is 9PM -11PM EST. I know it is late, but I really hope you can listen live. From 9PM-10PM EST you can listen to it at the normal place, http://www.blogtalkradio.com/youserved
Starting at around 10:05 PM EST, KFBK will come online and you can also listen to it at their site which is, http://www.kfbk.com/main.html. Radio host Bruce Maiman will join CJ and myself at 10:05 PM EST to serve as a 3rd co-host of the show. At 11PM EST, the online broadcast playing at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/youserved will end, however Bruce has another full hour, of which he may use to keep talking to CJ, myself and some of our guests.
Both websites will also have an archive of the show that can be downloaded later as a podcast.
The theme of the show will of course be Veteran’s Day and what it means to you. The guests we have represent multiple wars and experiences in our Nation’s history. We will have:
- Afghanistan Veteran Mike Tumminelli (known as Mike T on this blog)
- Michael Tumminelli works in Current Operations/Counter IED TF at Fort Myer. He is a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom, having just returned from Afghanistan as an Embedded Training Team member as part of Task Force Phoenix. He has also been to both Iraq and Afghanistan as part of his DOD civilian job.
- Vietnam Veteran andÂ Medal of Honor Winner Leo Thorsnes
- A decorated United States Military veteran and retired colonel in the United States Air Force. Thorsness was awarded the Medal of Honor for valor in the Vietnam War, for an air engagement on April 19, 1967. He was shot down two weeks later and spent six years in captivity as a prisoner of war.
- Desert Storm Veteran SGT Freedom
- A Veteran of Desert Shield, Desert Storm and Determined Resolve, plus he is known as the voice of the patriot on his frequent You Tube videos that he publishes regularly.
- WWII and Iwo Jima Veteran Major General Fred Haynes
- He commanded two divisions and several regimental combat teams in three wars. He is the last living officer of Combat Team 28, the unit that raised the flag on Mount Suribachi on Iwo Jima.
- Vietnam Veteran and Medal of Honor Winner Paul ‘Bud’ Bucha
- Mr Bucha was a two time All-American swimmer. After graduating from the United States Military Academy at West Point, he was commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Army. In Phuoc Vinh, Vietnam, Captain Bucha of the 3rd battalion, 187th Infantry, 3rd Brigade 101st Airborne Division led a recon patrol that encountered strong resistance. He was awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions between March 16-19, 1968.He later taught at West Point and became president of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society.
- Iraq Veteran Zach Johnson
- A Soldier/Musician, Zach is an Army NCO who wrote songs that were inspired by his Iraq deployment.Â Zach enlisted in the Army prior to the war starting, but after he witnessed the terrible events of 9/11. He put a promising career on hold in order to serve his country.
- Veteran and embedded reporter Scott Kesterson live from Afghanistan with hopefully a couple of soldiers who will talk about what it is like to be serving on the Pakistan border on Veteran’s Day.
- Scott Kesterson is an ex-soldier who is a freelance journalist and blogger. He was embedded with Task Force Phoenix from May 2006-May 2007 in Afghanistan and is about to release a cutting edge documentary titled AT WAR. You can see trailers and photos at www.atwarfilm.com. Scott is back in Afghanistan on another 3 month embed following up from his earlier tour assessing progress and the current situation from the border along Pakistan.
All of these guys plus co-hosts; Iraqi and 14 year Veteran 1SG, CJ Grisham and myself Desert Storm, Afghanistan and 21 year Veteran,Â 1SG Troy Steward.
Please tell your friends, tell your family. Start spamming them now if need be. What better way to celebrate Veteran’s Day than to listen to Veteran’s live, telling it in their own words.
You can also full description of the show right here, http://www.patriotwatch.com/V-Day2008.htm