*Bouhammer Note, the following list was sent to me by my fairly new and good friend, Mike T. I meant to post this prior to going out of town this last weekend,Â but I forgot. This demonstrates some of the weird, crazy, and almost never politically correct humor that soldiers whom walk through hell and back, sometimes have.*
Put together by the guys from my team who are spread out across the countryside!
You know when you’ve been at war to long when:
10. Indirect fire hits right outside the camp walls and your only reaction is “damn it, I heard they are out of chicken wings!”
9. Every disgusting foul remark can be made towards each other and nothing will be thought of it…except for some FNG* standing behind you listening in horror.
8. You get exicted that the air conditioner works but your radios just went down and all hell is breaking loose.
7. You can PMCS** your truck without the manual.
6. When coffee, nicotine, and fear no longer help you get through a mission.
5. Every uniform you have is three different colors and has been sewn up at least four different times.
4. When you forget your own zip code to mail something home.
3. Every response to someone who never leaves the camp but continues to bitch at you for something is EAT A D^^K!
2. You get less sleep in a secure compound then you do in your truck in an overwatch position.
1. When you walk into the Joint Operations Center full of officers while singing under your breath-
***My AK-47 brings all the boys to the yard,
And their like “It’s better than yours”
Damn right, It’s better than yours,
I can teach you, but I have to charge
I know you want it…
The thing that makes me,
What the guys go crazy for,
They lose their minds, The way I wind,
I think it’s time… MY AK-47 BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD!
And you don’t even skip a beat!!!!
*FNG- F@#$#ng New Guy
**Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services
***Sung to the tune of Milkshake by Kelis.